CentralTrak is an artists' residency and a non-commercial exhibition space. We provide a platform for experimental art work and art practices while fostering community-building with a focus on both global and local contemporary art and artists. Besides operating and supporting eight merit-based artists' residencies at any given time, CentralTrak hosts a full schedule of exhibitions, panel discussions and workshops throughout the year. CentralTrak's programs are always free and open to the public thanks to the support of community members like you.
CentralTrak has gained a reputation for presenting meaningful and relevant exhibitions of contemporary art. Recent honors include:
• D Magazine's Best Art Space, 2014
• D Magazine’s list, “The 5 Most Important North Texas Art Organizations for Artists,” 2013
• Dallas Observer’s Best Art Space, 2013
• The Rachel Van Horn Memorial Fund to Support Emerging Arts Writers provides professional development to foster the work, education and careers of emerging writers focusing on the visual arts. Learn more about the fund.
• CentralTrak’s Next Topic lecture series fosters critical discussions on issues in contemporary art among artists, theorists and practitioners.
• The Tete-a-Tete discussion series provides an in-depth look at issues explored in CentralTrak’s exhibitions by hosting one-on-one discussions between creative professionals involved in the exhibition.
Since 2008, CentralTrak has hosted more than 70 artists from 6 continents in Dallas. As The University of Texas at Dallas Artists’ Residency, CentralTrak provides long-term, developmental intervention for four UT Dallas master of fine arts students.
CentralTrak would like to thank our sponsors. We couldn't do it without you!